Recipe: Two-Ingredient Ice Cream, Gluten-Free, Tree Nut-Free



I had seen a recipe for no churn, two-ingredient ice cream all over the internet at least two summers ago: Nigella Lawson, The Kitchn, Food52 and Tasting Table. Here’s a quick and easy video, too.

I’m lactose intolerant, which means no heavy cream in my life but I really, really wanted to try this. So with my Lactaid pills at the ready, I gave it as go and oh my goodness, wow!

As every recipe states, it could not be easier and I love the control you have over ingredients. 

Sweetened condensed milk (just milk and sugar) and heavy cream (I used an organic brand that had only cream as the ingredient), mix them up, add some vanilla and oh my goodness, it’s like Haagen Daaz, that you made! No fancy machine needed, ingredients you can get at any store, any where et voila!

***

Recipe:Two-Ingredient Ice Cream, Gluten-Free, Tree Nut-Free

1 pint (two cups) of heavy whipping cream (use safe for you brand)
1 fourteen ounce can sweetened condensed milk (use safe for you brand)
1 teaspoon of vanilla (or any flavor you like)

Whip the cream into soft peaks. Fold in the condensed milk. Mix thoroughly until completely combined and no streaks. Add flavor. Pour mixture into a container with a cover. Lay saran wrap directly on top of the mixture to ensure no air gets in and close container with its lid. Freeze 6-8 hours or overnight. And then try not to eat it all at once.



Comments

Popular Posts