Food Allergy Counseling: Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle, Planning Your Meals

Have you noticed that many of my pictures via social media are of the same meals? 


Weekly breakfast
Weekend breakfast

You’re not seeing double, nor are these pictures old: very often, I eat the same thing every day.
Black bean and cheese quesadilla lunch
Homemade vegan lentil soup, +Enjoy Life Foods chocolate

This is another one of my my healthy habits / diet tips:  I maintain a set rotation of meals. This equals a stable caloric daily intake and, for me, a stable weight since college.

It’s less about my food allergy needs (I’m allergic to all nuts and seafood) nor my dietary intolerances (soy, milk and wheat) and more about having a routine. I love routines, and when dining, it takes the guesswork out of what I’m eating and when. 

If you’re trying to figure out what you want to eat when you’re hungry or over hungry or don’t have healthy options ready that can equal poor decisions or at least ones that don’t support a healthy lifestyle. If you have meals planned out or in a routine of what you’re dining on, it takes the guesswork and the “hangries" out of the equation.

So that’s my tip: plan out your meals or have your meals on a rotation, take the guesswork out of what you’re eating, and keep your caloric intake stable.

Comments

Popular Posts