Recipe: Easy Baked Chicken Breasts, #allergenfree

Admittedly, I’m a chicken thigh girl: dark meat and crispy skin, oh my. And here's my recipe for easy gorgeous chicken thighs that your whole family will love. 

But I wanted to try cooking some chicken breasts and my new fave Instagrammer, Terri of No Crumbs Left swears by her recipe and technique. And she is totally right!  These chicken breasts were unbelievably moist – like seriously moist breast meat. I don't know that I’ve ever accomplished that at home before. Well, I used to cook whole chickens to perfection, but parts, I haven't cooked chicken breasts at home in years.

A few recipe notes.
I use Bell & Evans air-chilled chicken breasts.
I use Lucini evoo, it’s single source. Love them. 
I use Morton’s Kosher salt, coarse grain. 
I have an oven thermometer so I know exactly what's going on in there. It's a really useful device,  cheap and saves you cooking and baking disasters becuase of incorrect oven temps.

***

Easy, Juicy Chicken Breasts, Allergen-Free

1 package Bell & Evans chicken breasts, skin and bone-in
Lucini Olive Oil
Morton’s Kosher salt


Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Rub chicken all over with evoo and sprinkle with kosher salt.  Place skin side up on the tray. Put into hot oven and bake. Baste with the juices at least once around the 30 minute mark.  At 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the juices on clear, you're done.
You can totally let them rest whilst you prepare the rest of your meal as that will help them retain their juiciness. But basically, once cooked, slice and enjoy!

***

Join me on Instagram @allergicgirlnyc and on my Allergic Girl Facebook feed to see what I'm cooking right now and to cook allergen-friendly yumminess with me!

Comments

Popular Posts